The Mowat Lab is looking for lab members! Watch this space for links to job opportunities.
1. Technician/Research Assistant: The Mowat Lab is recruiting a full-time research technician/assistant to the lab. This position would involve running a large, longitudinal study of aging in pet dogs, including coordinating with dog owners for participation (questionnaires, clinical visits), completing animal visits (veterinary procedures such as animal handling, restraint for minor procedures, behavioral testing) and data entry/database management. Full training will be provided, but animal experience is an advantage. Generous annual salary and benefits package offered. More information on how to apply is here. The position will remain open until filled.
2. Research intern: We have an opening for a research intern position starting between May and July 0f 2024 (dates flexible). Applicants should hold a Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) and be approved to work in the United States. Link to more details is here (navigate to the Mowat posting to view). The closing date for applications is December 5th, 2023.
3. Graduate student researcher (MS/PhD). The Mowat lab is interested to hear from graduate student applicants interested in working with sensory and/or cognitive outcome measures in dogs. Direct program admission is available to suitable candidates. Potential applicants should reach out with questions to Dr. Mowat.
4. Postdoctoral research scholar: A residency trained veterinary ophthalmologist is sought for a generously funded 2-year fellowship in the Mowat Lab. See the COHA website for more information – the application is due in January of 2024. If you would like to discuss more, please reach out to Dr. Mowat.
5. Undergraduate research assistants. Interested in neurophysiology, pathology, genetics, ophthalmology, aging, or veterinary medicine? Join our lab to participate in interesting research! The lab has mentored successful applicants into graduate programs, veterinary medicine, medicine and optometry. Training and mentorship will be provided. Minimum 2 semesters, 8 hours/week commitment required, can be for credit or paid (following training/orientation period). Send your unofficial transcript and a brief description of why you are interested in joining our lab to email@example.com.